Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend on the Mountain

So, I've been terrible at keeping everyone up to date the last couple of weeks again. I seem to go in spurts. It's because most of the time I use my work laptop that does not have pictures on it. Anyway, this is a week late... Last weekend we had a great visit with our good friends Lance, Pam, Lawrence, and Annabelle. We went to stay with them in Sylva NC. It's a small, cozy corner of the world in the mountains. I would describe it as very charming with its little shops and restaurants. Evidently, it's a Mecca for Floridians.
Lance and Pam have done a great job with their house. It's perched on a little ridge with the best view. I teased them that they lived on a Mountain and referred to it with their last name.
We didn't do a lot except eat out a couple of times (go figure:). We just spent much needed time catching up, and letting the kids play. We had not seen their house since they moved to NC, and we had not had the pleasure of meeting their beautiful addition Annabelle. It was a relaxing time and comforting to be with good friends.

The awesome view

Our good friends

Asher digging in. He LOVES watermelon now!

The boys sporting thier dinosaur pj's. Asher was totally obsessed with the doggie vacuum!





3 comments:

Sally and Wayne said...

Makes me want to go on a trip! :)

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Girl don't tell me teething lasts this long! I had made an appointment to see the dr and Brad made me cancel it! He was like Amy she's fine she's just teething! We've tried the teething tablets but they didn't seem to work. The dentist that I used to work for sent me some good numbing stuff so we've been using that.

Unknown said...

Asher is SO adorable!!!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham