Friday, July 4, 2008

Scalped

Ok, admittedly Asher's hair was getting too shaggy. I wanted to keep it long, but it definitely needed shaping. So, I decided instead of going to one of those Great Clips kind of places he needed to get used to one person. I made him an appointment with my stylist. I was working, and Mark was off so Mark met me at the place with Asher. I don't know what I thought I was going to do that Mark couldn't. Anyway, Asher climbed up me crying before we even tried getting in the seat. My stylist told me that most kids do better with just Dad. I knew this made sense, but it kind of busted my bubble. I mean, I had rearranged my work schedule so I could be there for my baby. This was like his 4th haircut, but the first in a while. He NEEDED his mommy, right. Wrong! So, I said my good-byes and "left". Really, I just sat in the waiting area and soon he quieted down. Before long my stylist came up and said he was the best child she had ever cut! Of course, I was very pleased. Then, I saw my little toddler waddling around the corner. He had no hair! Well, at least that's the way I perceived it. He looked totally different. It was NOTHING like I wanted, but in the middle of the crying and my big getaway, I didn't have a chance to explain well exactly what I wanted. Poor girl doesn't have ESP. I was horrified because we're having family portraits done at the beach in 3 weeks. Surely, it will be grown out by then. Granted, my child is beautiful no matter what and would be adorable with a buzz. I have been trying to style it in a faux hawk, but it just want stay.

3 comments:

erinenorman said...

Ok, I totally feel your pain! Don't worry, it will grow out a good bit by 3 weeks. Try a little hairspray or gel or pommade to get it to stick up. And its not that bad, Asher still has the cutest little smile, who's lookin' at his hair!?

Sarah Sharp said...

He's still a cutie! And I bet it will grow out by the time the pictures are made.

The Hookers said...

He is so precious! I can't believe I stumbled across your page! I've already added your link so I can come back in and check up on y'all. I saw Jennifer Littlejohn's link (I think) but can't view it...do you have her e-mail? I ran into her at MSHA but misplaced the tiny piece of paper that I wrote it down on. I can't believe what a little man Asher is now! Y'all are doing a great job!!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham