Wednesday, June 18, 2008

15 Months Already!

Asher had his 15 month well check-up Monday. He had 3 shots but did the best yet. He was never fussy or ill or anything. He did get tired earlier that night, but he was great. Since we had such a great afternoon I thought "oh no, he'll wake up irritable the next morning." He didn't though. In fact he was in a great mood. They're funny little creatures. You never know what to expect. Here are his new stats.
Weight- 21# 4oz.
Height- 30 1/2 inches
He's still little and in about the 10th percentile, but he's healthy nevertheless.
One thing I forgot to get with the doctor about was our teethbrushing habits...or lack of I should say. He's stubborn and doesn't like brushing his teeth, but I don't get too worked up and say it's because he has sore gums from teething. We just keep trying everyday and hope that he dosen't get green teeth like the pirates do (that's for Hayden). Sometimes I think I know too much being a speech therapist. Some parents might hold thier children down and scrub away. I don't want him to be orally defensive (come on you speechies out there) or something then he'll be scared forever and be 20 still not brushing his teeth. I just keep trying to slowly get in that little mouth. Usually it's a 3 second swipe of the brush if I'm lucky. It just kills me! I just pray that God equipped toddlers with some super duper force shield around thier teeth!

2 comments:

Stephanie Kelley said...

Only a speech therapist would think about making a child orally defensive!

erinenorman said...

We have run into Jake insisting that he do it himself, we can't help at all! How clean can he be getting on his own? Try the Thomas the Train toothpaste.


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham