Thursday, March 13, 2008

Milestones: RIP Dr. Brown



Asher hasn't had a bottle in two weeks now. So, I decided it was time to pack them up. It's been a bittersweet moment. I'm so excited that we don't have the hassle of making and cleaning them and wasting half our counter space anymore. They served their purpose well. The bottles were a dependable source of nourishment for him when I couldn't provide adequately the natural way. It was 2 weeks of painstaking trial before I let Dr. Brown win the battle though. Asher just kept losing weight again and again. They also worked well I guess in the fact he never had colic which is their claim to fame. However, I am very sad that my baby has gotten big enough that he dosen't need a bottle anymore!
We've been really blessed that Asher hasn't missed them though.
With all that said, we bid adieu, Dr. Brown!

2 comments:

erinenorman said...

Isn't it freeing to get rid of all of those bottles and pieces? It really lightens the load of the diaper bag as well as your kitchen space!

Katie B said...

Yay for Asher! Why would he want a bottle when Mommy buys McDonald's Cheeseburgers?!! lol And think of all the money you'll save not buying formula and thickener!
Just wait til he's out of diapers. Oh, I'm so happy I don't have to buy those anymore, for a multitude of reasons!!!!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham