Saturday, February 23, 2008

Missing my Daddy

It's hard to believe that my sweet Daddy has been gone already almost 4 months. I wish I could say it's gotten easier. It hasn't. Quite frankly, it sucks! It's like I live it over and over again. There are many nights like last night that I cry while falling asleep. The reality of it just hits all at once, and I have vivid flashbacks of his last 24 hours on Earth. I know this will be a difficult season as we prepare to celebrate Asher's first birthay. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that Daddy would have been here celebrating with bells on! He adored Asher! ...and I adored him!

2 comments:

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

I am in tears after reading the story about missing your dad. I lost my Daddy in 1989 and there is not one day that I don't think of him, miss him, need him.
I don't even know you, I just enjoy reading blogs, but your story has shown that all of us share connections with each other.
God bless you. Time helps, but it doesn't heal.
Darlene

erinenorman said...

Oh Becky! I just totally burst into tears! I do love those shots of Asher and your Daddy, especially the one with Asher lying on his chest. Its so great that you have those.


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham