Monday, March 30, 2009

Dear Jon...

Jon-Jon that is. You know those sweet little once piece rompers that boys wear? They're also called short/longalls.
Well, I was fortunate enough today to actually catch one of the big consignment sales they have every spring here in Chattanooga. You can often get really good finds. It's a great way for me to get Asher nice clothes for daycare without spending a hefty price. We didn't find much today though except for a few one piece rombers or "jon jons". There were even some really pretty smocked ones for a great price. I quickly remembered Mark's request around 18 months that Asher stop wearing those "one piece outfit things". He thinks they look too babyish. Well, I still consider Asher a baby and miss those cute little suits. Besides, some of them are beautiful. I found one at Christmas that had a nativity scene smocked. Not even little Baby Jesus could change Mark's mind though! Too bad! I didn't buy any today either out of respect for my Manly Man husband. I know it's trivial, but it's just another reminder that my baby is growing up! Besides, what in the world is he going to wear for Easter? :)

Here are a few:


This is the last one I had made this winter at www.izzybonline.com It's exactly what I had requested. It even made her website. Jerica does great work, and she does lots of different things!


2 comments:

Littlejohn's said...

Judson wishes that Cole could wear one pieces everyday!!! They are so cute-but daycare has requested that I send him in 2 pieces since he has shown an interest in potty training!!! Boo-hoo!! I just started putting him in "big boy" outfits last week!! :(

The Parrott Family said...

Love the jon-jon's. It is sad that Asher getting to be such a big boy. So, Weston wore one today to a birthday party. Will looked at the pictures from our blog and said, "Is that a girl outfit or a boy outfit?" Apparently, Will agrees with Mark. But...they are SO CUTE!!!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham