Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gettin' on the Potty Train


I would just like to announce to the world that my baby went pee pee in the potty tonight!!! YAY, Asher!
We've had the actual potty for a while, and we ask him occasionally if he wants to use it. Sometimes he'll even say yes. We'll go sit, and nothing will happen. That's nothing too regular, and I think he thinks it's a game really because he's real enthusiastic about it. Well, tonight we went to Toys-R-Us, and for the heck of it we bought him some big boy underwear. We let him pick, and he chose Handy Manny. When we got home Mark ran to the bathroom, and I preceded to get Asher ready for bed. Of course, I couldn't resist getting a sneak peak of those saggy little britches on his cute booty. We then paraded around and admired them in the full length mirror. Then, mommy got the urge to go so we went to the bedroom to get to that bathroom. I noticed Asher tugging at himself so I asked him if he needed to potty. He said yes so I whisked him up and put him on my potty backwards since I don't have a potty chair in there. Mark was still busy with his business evidentally. Well, hanging off my commode became way too uncomfortable so we went to harass Daddy. Asher was banging on the door jabbering something. Finally, Mark answered and after a few minutes of Asher sitting on his potty there was a beautiful puddle of gold liquid under my baby's bottom. We made such a fuss, but I think he was really like "what's the big deal" cause we went on and on, calling all the grandparents of course.
I realize this might be an isolated incident, but it's something we can realistically think about now. He moves up classes January 26th into the "Big Boy" class where they will start toileting the children. I'm excited and dreadful too. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Katy Agnew said...

Good job Asherman!! If I were there, Auntie Katy would give you some M&Ms or something yummy... Tell your Mama & Daddy hello and yes, Bek, I'm definitely in for a little "2Katies and a Becky" trip!!

godfrey said...

Congratulations!!!!!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham