Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Plum Crazy


See what I did on Saturday! Of course, I had Asher as an assistant since Mark had to work. We got up early and went to two produce stands until we found some jelly making fruit. Plums were the most abundant for the price. If I had my pick though, I would have driven to a blackberry farm about 45 minutes away, but I knew that wasn't realistic since we'd have to pick them. I just love blackberries though. Anyway, after getting our pretty little plums we went to Wal-Mart to buy our jars and stuff. I'd never done any kind of canning before on my own(I grew up around it), and Wilma said I bought stuff that wasn't really necessary. Oh well. Live and learn! Next time will be much easier since I understand the process better. I'm just very proud. I hope to make a different flavor real soon!

1 comments:

erinenorman said...

I bet that will make some killer PBJs!


“As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible.”--Ruth Bell Graham